Jonathan R. Wappel
Project Manager | Electrical Engineer
Project manager and electrical engineer with extensive facility operations and managerial experience, construction administration and comprehensive survey/design experience
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Group
April 2017 – Present
Project Engineer – Facility Operations
To be added!
Paulus Sokolowski and Sartor | PS&S Architecture and Engineering
November 2013 – April 2017
Associate; Project Manager | Electrical
- Click for a comprehensive list of projects
- Project Management: writing proposals, time/fee estimation, resource management, interdisciplinary coordination, project phasing, change orders and general construction administration
- Business Development: presentations, client and account management, advertising and sourcing new projects and work
- Electrical Engineering: plan and design electrical systems for new commercial and industrial projects and renovations of existing buildings: NYC SCA Schools, commercial office buildings, laboratories, clean rooms, classified areas and data centers
- Design and specification of UPS systems, generators / ATS’s, modular laboratory utility supply systems, switchgear, MCC’s and VFD’s. Lighting calculations and control system design. Specification and design of A/V, communication, security, white noise, air monitoring and fire alarm systems.
- Assignment on-site at a major pharmaceutical company doing a campus wide electrical survey and system analysis along with electrical field work and design projects.
- Knowledge and use of Revizto, SKM PowerTools, Visual Lighting Design, Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
Bridgewater Sports Arena
1995 – 2013
Director; Business Operations and Facility Management
- Planned, coordinated and directed activities of all departments
- Ensured the continuous, efficient and economical operation of the facility including equipment, machines, and the building, while achieving budget objectives
- Developed continuous process improvement programs
- Handled and negotiated all commercial contracts and scheduling of activities and events
- Managed staff of 85+ employees consisting of managers, supervisors and full/part time employees
- Employed strong organization and time management skills as well as managing and developing staff expertise
- Personally responsible for managing and ensuring maximum uptime availability of all facility IT support assets and functions including; network, server, VOIP phone system, and point of sale and office computer systems
- Developed and maintained company website including all design aspects
- Developed advertising, special promotion and print media including brochures, flyers, video, print, and online campaigns.
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
University of Southern Maine
- Emphasis on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Created custom TCP/IP control hardware hardware and integrated three dimensional work-space simulation software for Questech’s Microbot robotic arm.
Delta Surface Technologies LLC
- Designed and prototyped a new technology for extremely accurate mapping of large surfaces
- Winner of the 2004 Maine Small Business Plan Competition
- Awarded $10,000 Maine Small Business Grant and $15,000 in professional services
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote), Windows Desktop and Server OS’s; Fontline-Solutions RMS, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, Revizto, Visual Lighting Design, SKM PowerTools, Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS; CakePHP, Laravel, WordPress, Xenforo, vBulletin